Exercise 4x per week, feel amazing, become a total boss.
Chris Fanning for BuzzFeed News
The perfect workout is one that’s actually do-able, but also manages to make you feel like a complete badass.
When it's too easy, it's boring and ineffective. When it's too hard, you might start dreading (and skipping) it. Or worse, get injured.
That's why BuzzFeed Health asked NYC-based fitness expert Albert Matheny, MS, RD, CSCS, co-founder of SoHo Strength Lab and advisor to Promix Nutrition, to put together a fitness challenge that hits that special fitness sweet spot.
This full-body challenge consists of two alternating workouts that you can adapt to your fitness level and get done quickly. Plus, it's challenging enough to make you feel like a boss.
NBC / Via giphy.com
Here’s how it works:
• You'll exercise 4x per week.
• There are two different workouts to alternate between; each one is a 3-move circuit.
• Some of the moves call for dumbbells, but you can also perform them with just your bodyweight to make it easier.
• On the first day, you'll complete the 3-move circuit as many times as you can in 10 minutes.
• Every other exercise day, you'll add two minutes to your total workout time, which means that by the end of the challenge, you'll be able to do a 26-minute workout. The schedule below has all the details.
• Rest as needed especially as you get further along in the challenge and it gets harder.
CBS / Via youtube.com