Table of Contents
- Skin Tweaks
- New and Tweaked Summoner Icons
- Continued Runes Reforged Testing & Changes
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
KateyKhaos noted some skin tweaks for Death Sworn Katarina and Death Sworn Zed:
Death Sworn Katarina’s pink accent colors have been changed to purple.
Her VFX are also being switched to more purple colors, we will have full pictures later in the cycle when they are completed!
Death Sworn Zed’s Q has been changed to make it look more circular:
New and Tweaked Summoner Icons
A new runes themed summoner icon is now on the PBE:
The Death Sworn Katarina icon was tweaked to match her new dagger color change that is in today’s PBE update:”
Continued Runes Reforged Testing & Changes
Rune Reforged, the new combination of runes and masteries into one new system, continues testing on the PBE this cycle – including runes themselves, the runes panel, the client run inventory and editing UI, base stat and jungle tuning, & more.
Riot Wrekz provided a changelist for 10/13 in this tweet chain:
“Runes Reforged 10/13:
Damage reduction vs Monsters + champions :: 8% >>> 10%
Now only gains haste when an enemy champion or ally champion is movement impaired (no more running fast to minions)
A new (possibly a bit familiar…) challenger appears!
“Pilfered Potion of Rouge” Grants 10+1/level ad/ap adaptive for 45seconds
Now properly tracks ward assists
Ward assist window 2s >> 10s
Legend rune slot global changes:
Maximum stacks increased :: 5 >>> 10
Champions grant full stacks again, same w/ epic monsters
^ 20 minion kills per stack, 4 large monsters.
Legend rune stat amounts have been rebalanced across 10 stacks instead of 5.
Cooldown refund activates a maximum of every .5 seconds.
Cooldown refund :: 20% >>> 15%
DoT cooldown refund :: 10% >>> 5%
As always, we are still tuning Runes, iterating, and looking for feedback. Thank you for continuing to give your thoughts and for playing!”
- Hate Spike (Q)
- cooldown lowered from 8 seconds at all ranks to 6 seconds at all ranks
- cooldown refund for hitting a monster lowered from 60% to 30%
- initial dart damage increased from 25/30/35/40/45 to 35/40/45/50/55
- spike damage increased from 25/30/35/40/45 to 35/40/45/50/55
- Whiplash (E)
- magic damage increased from 30/45/60/75/90 to 40/55/70/85/100
- empowered damage increased from 60/80/100/120/140 to 70/90/110/130/150
Context & Notes
1) Here’s Meddler with his quick gameplay thoughts for October 13, including health bar inprovements, some item tweaks in preseason, 7.21 being a light patch, and more:
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
Health Bar Improvements
We’ve got some health bar improvements coming to the PBE in the next week or two. Some of the changes will be more subtle stuff like making it a bit easier to tell how much damage you just took/dealt based off how the bar updates. Other changes will be more explicit like adding a clearer visualization for champs with resurrection effects available (Zac, Anivia, GA etc) so that figuring out whether someone will respawn or not doesn’t have to involve digging through a bunch of icons on the buffbar.
A lot more details about those changes to come from the team working on them once they’re on PBE. We’ll be continuing to work on them while they’re on PBE, so feedback once they’re there would be highly appreciated.
Item Tweaking in Pre-Season
In addition to base stat and ability adjustments we’re trying out some item changes to also adjust for the impact of runes. We’re buffing a range of items, primarily those that offer magic pen or lethality, to compensate for damage their users have otherwise lost. The particular items in question were chosen because they both generally offer anti champion power (what was lost, and we don’t want to increase waveclear unnecessarily) and because they’re pretty closely tied to champs who need a bit more help in the new runes world. We’re still planning to look at AP items as well sometime early next year, it’s likely a change or two we’d originally been considering for that package of work gets pulled forwards and done here though.
7.21 will be a really light patch
Just a quick reminder that there won’t be much in 7.21 given there’s so much coming in 7.22. A few small balance adjustments, but nothing too major. Most of it’s on the PBE already, possible we get one or two more things depending on what time permits though (chance of Udyr buffs, Locket adjustments).”
2) KateyKhaos noted a few changes to Death Sworn Katarina and Death Sworn Zed:
[link] “October 13th changes
- Tweaking Q dagger hits on units and the ground to feel heavier.
- Changing volumes levels on the R of daggers vs. harrowing elements.
- Adding more variations to all spell SFX.
- Adding death and emotes SFX.
- Fixed recall bug that played spell SFX.
- Adjusting level volumes and various tweaks on all spells.
- Color shifting to purple from pink.
- Swords shortened to align better with base weapons.
- Some of these are still WIP!
- Color shifting VFX to purple from pink.
- Adding ethereal VFX to hair (definitely WIP!)
[link] “Death Sworn Zed also has an updated (Q) projectile, which should help with readability – (more circular VFX around the daggers)”