Table of Contents
New Splash Art
The splash art for our three newest PROJECT: skins are now available:
New PROJECT: Hunters Login Theme
- Another handful of champions had their in client bios updated to match new bios and stories available on the Universe site:
- The store assets for Mecha Rengar and two of his chroma were updated to match how they look in game:
[Note: These changes were hotfixed to live on 11/10]
- Searing Charge (E)
- damage increased from 20/40/60/80/100 to 30/50/70/90/110
- shockwave damage increased from 40/80/120/160/200 to 50/90/130/170/210
[Note: These changes were hotfixed to live on 11/10]
- Base damage lowered from 50.04 to 46
- Base armor lowered from 30 to 28
- Aria of Perseverance (W)
- Heal lowered from 35/55/75/95/115 to 30/50/70/10/110
- shield strength lowered from 30/55/80/105/130 to 25/50/75/100/125
- Unraveled Earth (E) cooldown lowered from 16/14/12/10/8 to 11/10/9/8/7
- Base damage lowered from 65 to 62
- [Now notes “heals and shields you cast“]
Manaflow Band (S2)
- [Now notes “Spells with ongoing costs are refunded for 5 seconds after casting”]
- Tooltip changed from “Poro channel is interrupted if you enter combat with a champion.” to “Poro channel is interrupted if take damage”.
Context & Notes
1) Check out Meddler’s quick gameplay thoughts for November 10th, including how champs are looking with the new runes, rune path popularity, and more:
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
Pre-Season Balance assessment so far
So, pre-season’s here. We’ve been poring over games, discussion, stats etc to build up an understanding of the state of the game, it’s still really early days though with a lot of experimentation going on. Collection of things on our minds below, most of this is more of a watch list than an action list though.
Nothing’s too crazy
- Some stuff’s quite strong or quite weak, nothing that’s been on fire enough to need day one attention though, which is a relief with a patch this big. Some bugs that will get hotfixed, or have already been so however and we’ll potentially do a bit of champion balance hotfixing today or Monday.
- Some keystones are performing quite well, with Aftershock, Guardian and Summon: Aery being ones we’re watching particularly closely. Aftershock goes really well on some champs for example (those with pick/lockdown combos). Aery seems to outperform Comet on some champs who should be good Comet users, assumedly because of its higher reliability.
- Unsealed Spellbook’s showing a really wide range of outcomes, from looking pretty powerful to not contributing much depending on the player and champion in question. Makes sense given it probably got one of, or the highest, learning curves of a keystone, so wouldn’t want to judge too quickly there, definitely one to watch though.
Non Keystone Runes
- Nothing to note here yet beyond that nothing seems crazy or useless so far.
- Yorick’s potentially too strong. That’s more likely a result of Q affecting towers adding more power than expected, rather than anything Runes specific.
- Sona’s looking really dominant with a range of different keystones. Not yet clear at time of writing if there’s an issue with her, or just that she’s taking better advantage than most of keystones that might be too strong.
- Nunu and Ivern are both struggling quite a bit, assumedly in part due to a lack of obvious keystone they do well with as a default. Guardian seems to work fairly well on them, especially relative to the alternatives, but it’s also stronger again on other Guardian users. Might need to buff them soon if they continue to struggle as much as they are.
Rune Path Popularity
For anyone interested we’re seeing some pretty strong trends in terms of what players are using so far. Precision/Domination and Domination/Precision are the clear favorites, though generally not the most effective on many champs. Lot of people seem to be avoiding Resolve/Inspiration as secondaries when they’d be great choices (e.g. tough lanes). That’s not surprising though, we figured there’d be a lot of double damage tree use early on given that looks fun and with the ranked season over people aren’t playing quite as competitively. Inspiration’s the least popular primary path, which is also unsurprising given its got a lot of stuff that’s not to everyone’s taste and for some champs just doesn’t work too well.
None of the primary/secondary pairings are looking too dominant power wise so far at least, it’s just popularity that’s varying a lot. If power does become a concern we’ll then use the stat bonuses particular pairings offer to bring them up or down in effectiveness as needed.
Skin Portrait Updates
Patch 7.23’s going to have tweaks to quite a few of the skin specific portraits on the in game HUD, zooming some of them out mainly that are too close to the face at present. Those are on PBE already, thoughts on how they now look appreciated.”
- 11/6 PBE Update: Zoe, Three PROJECT skins, Project: Overdrive Gamemode, Skins Tab & More
- 11/7 PBE Update: Zoe Splashes, New PROJECT: Emote, & More Tentative Balance Changes
- 11/8 PBE Update: All-Star Summoner Icons
- 11/9 PBE Update: Zoe In-Client Lore & All-Star 2017 SR Banner