The PBE has been updated! As we start the 7.24 PBE cycle, this patch includes 4 new skins, including Ambitious Elf Jinx, Santa Draven, and Snow Fawn Poppy, as well as Hextech Kog’Maw, a new ward skin & much more!
Table of Contents
- New Skins
- New Ward Skin
- New Emotes
- New Login Theme
- Snow Battle ARURF
- Preseason Healthbar Update v3
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
Four new skins hit the rift in the 7.24 PBE cycle: Santa Draven, Ambitious Elf Jinx, Snow Fawn Poppy, and the loot-exclusive Hextech Kog’Maw!
Ambitious Elf Jinx
Snow Fawn Poppy
New Ward Skin
Dearest Deer Ward
A set of seasonal new emotes are now on the PBE! Some of these were available in the past, but are back in the new Emotes system.
New Login Theme
A new login is now on the PBE, themed around the 2017 All-Star Event!
Snow Battle ARURF
Files for an upcoming game mode are now on the PBE! Snow Battle ARURF’s description:
“A frigid fate awaits your foes! Fling spells and snowballs in this icy twist on ARURF, featuring League’s coolest champions.”
Look for more on this later in the cycle!
Preseason Healthbar Update v3
Here’s Rayven, back with more info on the still in progress Healthbar update:
“How do you do, fellow kids? We’re back with another iteration on the healthbar update based on feedback. Let’s review what we’re trying to achieve here:
– Familiar, but better (no relearning, no change to things like last hitting)
– Game to game differences, not moment to moment
– Interacting with objectives is more satisfying
– Interacting with defensive windows is more satisfying (heals, shreds, etc)
– Bodying fools feels better than ever.
– Easier to track the flow of a fight.
– More intuitive play/counterplay around defensive windows.
– More intuitive play/counterplay around unique mechanics (extra life, unstoppable, etc).
– Huge clarity gains when spectating and watching streams.
– Ammo resources like Jhin, Corki, Annie have the same treatment as Live.
– Lots of color tweaks and some sizing tweaks.
– Lots of animation tweaks.
– Tower burst, shake, and death animations are in.
– Option to turn off shake animation coming this week.
– Baron’s healthbar now stays in place rather than bouncing all over.
– Resurrecting state improvements.
– Healing over time
– Damage over time
– Color code objective takes
– Kill streaking
– Stealth state
Here’s a spiffy video which shows the changes in a real game setting. Note, there’s a few spectator bugs here such as dragon health is grey, etc. Try to ignore those <.<
As always, we’re still looking for feedback as you guys dive into the changes. Thanks!”
- Two new poros have made their way to the PBE! The Baron Poro and Deer Poro are here to join the poro lineup in the Poro King gamemode! No details on availability just yet, but here is an in-game shot of their models:
Context & Notes
1) Ricklessabandon on some Jhin and Rune changes he is working on:
 “going to be testing some jhin changes this week. first pass will look something like this:
Curtain Call (R)
* Damage :: 50 / 115 / 180 (+20% total AD) → 60 / 130 / 200 (+30% total AD)
* Slow Duration :: 0.5 → 0.75 seconds
* Minimum Delay Between Shots :: 1 → 1.25 seconds
 “okay fine, i’ll preview them, lol
PtA – 3rd attack no longer gets amp on itself before dmg+proc
L.Tempo – cd from 10 to 6
Fleet – if the attack is a crit, the heal will also crit
Triumph – heal ratio from 15% to 12%
PoM – duration from 5 to 7
Coup de Grace – amp from 10% to 9%”
2) Riot Xelaadryth notes the removal of the beta SMS verification feature off the PBE:
“We’ll be removing the beta SMS verification feature from PBE in the next few days. The way SMS verification existed in PBE was not up to par with security, compliance, or scalability requirements. We’ll be replacing it with more robust security and data privacy features over the course of the upcoming year.”