The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 8.4 PBE cycle, today’s patch includes more tentative balance changes!
Table of Contents
- Base AD lowered from 71 to 66
- Savagery (Q)
- Active damage lowered from 30/60/90/120/150 to 20/50/80/110/140
- Active damage tAD changed from 100/105/110/115/120% to 110% at all ranks
- Empowered tAD ratio lowered from 135% to 130%
- Vision of Empire (W) cost changed from 90/100/110/120/130 to 70/85/100/115/130
- Demonic Ascension (R) heal increased from 15/30/45 to 20/35/50
- Unique Active – Frost Bolt
- damage lowered from [100 – 200] to [75 – 150]
- AP lowered from 35% to 20%
- Unique Active duration lowered from 8 seconds to 4 seconds
Perfect Timing (I2)
- Stopwatch transform time increased from 6 mins to 8 mins
Context & Notes
1) Here’s Riot August with an updated changelist and context for Rengar changes coming in today’s PBE update:
“Update for 2/13 PBE
Bug fixes and nerfs today.
Q Damage:: 30/60/90/120/150(+1/1.05/1.1/1.15/1.2 TAD) >>> 20/50/80/110/140 (+1.1TAD)
Emp Q ratio:: 1.35 >>> 1.3
Fixed a bug where Rengar could Q a third time for free if he got his 4th ferocity point with Q
Fixed a bug where Rengar would lose his Q if it was primed while Ferocity proc
Fixed a bug where bolas thrown during leap could sometimes be cast in the wrong direction.
The Q nerfs are in response to worries that we may be making him too bursty. Q1 feels like a good place to hit since it’s the most unavoidable part of his combo. Overall, new Rengar does LESS damage than live Rengar, but he’s gaining reliability through Q, W CD, and the ult MS + less Rengar sense for enemies. We feel it’s best to err on the side of caution for initial release and buff him up in 8.5 if he ends up too weak.
I tried fixing primed Q’s being lost to ferocity and ended up making the most reliable triple Q we’ve ever seen. Oops. Fixed up that exploit and made Q’s held during ferocity work as follows:
—If Rengar gets to 4 ferocity while Q is primed he will not lose the Q buff.
—If he uses EMP Q, it will remove the normal Q buff refresh the CD.
—If he uses a different empowered abiilty, the primed Q will cast and expire like normal.
—If he attacks with the primed Q WHILE ferocity is at max, it works but does not grant additional ferocity.
Fixed the bola going in random directions. It now gets its target vector at time of cast, not on cast end.
Currently looking at another bug where R is not propagating “Rengar sense” (the screen overlay enemies get while Rengar is nearby in R) properly to enemies in range.
Thanks for all the help! Just one more day for feedback. Keep it coming!”
- 2/6 PBE Update: Dragon Master Swain, Dark Star Jarvan IV, Updated Xin Zhao Splash, & More
- 2/7 PBE Update: Dark Star Jarvan IV Splash Art
- 2/8 PBE Update: More Tentative Balance Changes
- 2/9 PBE Update: Even More Tentative Balance Changes
- 2/12 PBE Update: Leveling Reward Emotes & Tentative Balance Changes