[WIP!] [STATUS: PBE is up! Working!]
The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 8.6 PBE cycle, today’s patch includes new chroma for Birdio and Renektoy, as well as new summoner icons & more!
Table of Contents
New chroma for Birdio (6) and Renektoy (7) are now on the PBE!
New Summoner Icons
Four new summoner icons are now on the PBE:
- Pizza Delivery Sivir chroma spotlight from SkinSpotlights:
[3/8 changelist – below are changes relative to LIVE.]
- Orb of Deception (Q)
- [Removed] no longer grants movement speed
- Fox-Fire (W)
- Cooldown increased from 9/8/7/6/5 to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8
- initial Delay increased from 0.25 to 0.5
- [Changed Effect] Cooldown begins on cast instead of after the last fox-fire attacks/expires
- Damage changed from 40/65/90/115/140 (30% AP) to 40/65/90/115/140 (40% AP)
- Charm (E)
- Damage changed from 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% AP) to 60/90/120/150/180 (+40% AP)
- Spirit Rush (R)
- Cooldown changed from 110/95/80 to 110/100/90
- Damage changed from 70/110/150 (+25% AP) to 70/85/100 (30% AP)
- Dashes increased from 3 to 3/4/5
- [New Effect] When Spirit Rush damages a champion, it reduces the remaining cooldown of Ahri’s other spells by 1 seconds per champion hit.
[Context & Changelist] [Kayn has other passive changes in testing on the PBE!]
- Blade’s Reach (W) bonus AD ratio increased from 120% to 130%
- Umbral Tresspass (R)
- bonus AD Ratio increased from 165% to 175%
- damage reverted from 175/275/375 to 150/250/350
[Context & Changelist]
- Unseen Threat (Passive) AD ratio reverted from 30% to 20%
- Taste Their Fear (Q) bonus AD ratio increased from 120% to 150%
- Void Spike (W)
- [Removed] no longer does 20% bonus damage to monsters
[Context & Changelist]
- Fixed a bug where Rengar would instantly attack twice upon landing if he cast Q while leaping.
- Fixed a bug where Q leaps would grant 3 fast attacks (instead of 2)
- Fixed a bug where Nightstalker Rengar wasn’t playing particles on Q
- The Equalizer (R)
- Tick Rate lowered from 0.5s to 0.25s
- Linger Duration lowered from 1s to 0s
- Total Damage (over 5s) increased from 650/925/1200 (+150%AP) to 700/1050/1400 (+200%AP)
- Slow increased from 35% to 45%
[Context & Changelist]
- Decieve (Q)
- [Removed] no longer recieves reduced cooldown on basic attack after casting Q
- Cooldown changed from 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 to 16/14.5/13/11.5/10
- invisible duration changed from 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 to 3 at all ranks
- Two-Shiv Poison (E)
- Slow potency changed from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% to 10/15/20/25/30%
[Context & Changelist]
- Blade’s End (Passive) damage changed from [75 – 175 (levels 1-11)] to [75 – 245 (levels 1-18)]
- Rake (W) return AD ratio reverted from 70% to 60%
- Shadow Assault (R) bonus AD ratio increased from 80% to 100%
[Context & Changelist]
- AD growth increased from 3.2 to 4
- Crushing Blow (Q) bonus AD ratio increased from 10% at all ranks to 10/20/30/40/50%
[Context & Changelist]
- Base attack speed increased from 0.651 to 0.658
- Razor Shuriken (Q)
- AD Ratio on first enemy hit increased from 100% to 110%
- AD ratio on targets beyond first increased from 60% to 66%
- Shadow Slash (E) bonus AD ratio inctreased from 80% to 90%
[the rageblade has experimental changes in testing on PBE. ]
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade
[AMP Tome + Recurve Bow + Pickaxe + 690G]
+25% Attack Speed
Passive: Basic attacks deal an additional 25 magic damage on hit.
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks grant +2.5% Total Attack Speed, +2.5% Attack Damage, and +2.5% Ability Power for 2.5 seconds.
Upon reaching 6 stacks, Rageblade is fully unlocked, granting Guinsoo’s Rage.
Guinsoo’s Rage: Every other basic attack will trigger on hit effects an additional time.
While at half stacks, melee champions’ next attack will fully stack Rageblade.
- Unique Passive – Firecannon damage increased from [50 – 120] to [60 – 140]
- Unique Active – Mana Shield mana cost lowered from 20% current mana to 10% current mana
- Unique Passive – Shiv Lightning damage changed from [60 – 160] to [60 – 140]
[New] Chrysalis (R3)
- “Start the game with an extra 60 health. At 4 takedowns, consume that health to gain an adaptive bonus of 9 Attack Damage or 15 Ability Power.”
Mirror Shell (R3)
Iron Skin (R3)
Manaflow Band (S2)
- [Changed Effect] “Hitting an enemy champion with an ability permanently increases your maximum mana by 10, up to 400 mana.
After reaching 400 bonus mana, restore 1% of your missing mana every 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 4 seconds”
Presence of Mind (P2)
- [Changed Effect] ‘Takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and grant an additional 15-100 experience (based on level).”
- Movement speed changed from [28-45% depending on champion level] to 40%
Context & Notes
1) Riot August provided a changelist for Rengar in today’s PBE Update:
“Rengar changes for tomorrow (3/8)
A bunch of bug fixes.
Fixed a bug where Rengar would instantly attack twice upon landing if he cast Q while leaping.
Fixed a bug where Q leaps would grant 3 fast attacks (instead of 2)
Fixed a bug where Nightstalker Rengar wasn’t playing particles on Q
There’s currently a bug on live that allows Rengar to get “free” attacks from leap if he casts Q while in the air. This is NOT working as intended. Fixed it.
What is working as “intended” is when a Rengar with very high AS gets a fast follow-up attack after a long leap. This is due to his attack timer starting at the beginning of the leap, so by the time he lands it’s almost time for another attack. Would argue this functionality isn’t “ideal” but is in-line with how attacks work in league if you assume the time spent leaping is Rengar’s “attack cast time” (they start the attack timer on cast begin). I think a better implementation would be to have him wait whatever his —Total Attack Timer – Basic Attack Cast Time— is, but that sort of thing has turned out to be much more difficult to implement than it sounds without risking introducing more bugs.
I accidentally removed Nighstalker Rengar’s Q particles when I made the base skin work with Tiamat. Oops. Sorry about that.
Keep your eye out in the future for balance changes (buffs) that we’ll be putting in to compensate for the upcoming duskblade nerf.
2) ricklessabandon provided an Ahri changelist and context for today’s PBE update:
 late night ahri updates again! moving along the schedule, we’ll have a new iteration coming to the pbe soon (should be in the next update) some of the changes will be the same in this new list (like the removal of Q movement speed), but there will be some dramatic differences
 also of note, the differences in these lists don’t have to be exclusive, but want to keep the iterations -somewhat- focused for now anyway, here’s a preview of what to expect in the ‘thursday version’
 (as an example, the W startup is 0.5 seconds in this version — that could totally be fine to have in yesterday’s version, but 0.6 is what i wanted to test in yesterday’s version so that’s what it was)
3) Riot Repertoir provided a changelist and context for Duskblade changes and champions getting compensation changes:
This is a thread to discuss the upcoming Duskblade changes we have aimed for 8.6 and some associated champion tweaks we have coming alongside them. Keep in mind this is all tentative and subject to change, but I’m trying out using threads like this to make some upcoming change and our iterative process more visible. For those unaware, here are the current Duskblade changes:
- Melee Damage :: 60 / x / 320 >>> 30 / x / 200
- Ranged Damage :: 45 / x / 300 >>> 30 / x / 200
- NEW :: Melee basic attacks instantly kill traps and wards disabled by Black Out
- NEW :: Black Out won’t be triggered if the owner is using a Red Sweeper (so you can’t waste it)
The above changes are a large damage nerf to the item. We think the other additions are powerful and good additions to the item, but several champions have been crutching on the high powered damage tuning of Duskblade, and we’re looking to inject that power lost back in. I think these changes are pretty generous, but that’s pretty subjective, so let me hear it if that’s way off. The champions we’ve chosen are who we identify as the most core users; if we thought they could easily swap to a different build and be just as effective on 8.6 as they currently are on 8.5, they probably aren’t on the list. If you don’t see a certain champion, that’s probably why. Feel free to ask either way. It’s possible I’ve forgotten an important user. Below is the list of champions and changes we’re looking at helping out:
Kayn’s adjustments are pretty straightforward damage buffs. They may not fill the damage void left by Duskblade entirely, but W’s damage especially is more broadly applicable than Duskblade’s was. Also, Zenon (Kayn’s creator) has some passive tweaks going on that may also make it into the patch. Those are aimed at flattening his passive’s charging experience and helping out lane Kayn, but he’d have better context on that than I do.
- W Bonus AD Ratio :: 120% >>> 130%
- R Bonus AD Ratio :: 150% >>> 175%
Kha’Zix is looking at a significant Bonus AD ratio bump to his Q. We’ve chosen this to help fill the damage void left by Duskblade in a way that is also in line with effective isolation play (rather than passive damage, for example). The damage bump to Q is so significant because we’ve also removed his W’s bonus damage to monsters. Mechanics like these enforce that he could basically only jungle, and we may as well bridge the gap between jungle and solo lane play a bit where possible; for what it’s worth, I don’t expect this to make him a primary laner by any means.
- Q Bonus AD Ratio :: 120% >>> 150%
- REMOVED :: W 20% bonus damage to monsters
Miss Fortune’s buff is a very straightforward AD growth buff, which is also probably the smallest on the list. The reason for that is that of the list here, she seems closest to being able to effectively transition to other builds without significant cost to performance.
- Attack Damage Growth :: 1 >>> 2
Of the stuff here, I’d say Shaco’s is most experimental. These changes reflect my understanding (which, admittedly, could be off) that Shaco players feel pretty crappy about their early game because they feel forced into putting points in a Q that yields them literally no damage on rankup. These changes hope to be power neutral alongside the Duskblade changes, but an increase in satisfaction. By flattening Q’s invis duration to 3 seconds and removing the CD return mechanic, he should be able to put early points in his E while feeling like Q is still fulfilling its purpose. If he gets to max E, he gets more early game damage and has more control over the outcome of the early game. You’ll notice that Shaco has the most significant changes, and that although his damage numbers are not being outright increased like others, his kit’s damage should come online sooner and give him needed agency over the outcome over the game rather than relying on Duskblade 1-shots in the later parts. The E slow nerf is to offset some of the increased power of his very early ganks provided by a meaningfully longer invis duration. 3 seems like a reasonable maximum duration for his invis given that it used to be 3.5 pre-rework, and that was at a time when dropping a pink ward when he was around was much more effective than options against his current invis.
- REMOVED :: Reduced cooldown on basic attacking after casting Q
- Q CD :: 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 >>> 16/14.5/13/11.5/10
- Q Duration :: 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 >>> 3
- E Slow :: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% >>> 10/15/20/25/30%
Talon’s a pretty simple case of filling in some of his lost damage in a way that we believe will be functional and satisfying to players that enjoy him. His passive damage will continue to scale past level 11 up through level 18, and his R Bonus AD ratio is increased.
- Passive Damage :: 75 / x / 175 (levels 1-11) >>> 75 / x / 245 (levels 1-18)
- R Bonus AD Ratio :: 80% >>> 100%
Wukong is similarly getting some damage buffs, most notably to his Q, which tentatively now increases its AD ratio with rank.
- Attack Damage Growth :: 3.2 >>> 4
- Q Bonus AD Ratio :: 10% >>> 10/20/30/40/50%
More damage bumps. Giving Zed some Base AS to make his attacks come out a bit more quickly and increase his dueling threat, as well as some ratio bumps on his base kit.
- Base Attack Speed :: 0.651 >>> 0.658
- Q Bonus AD Ratio :: 0.9 >>> 1.1
- E Bonus AD Ratio :: 0.8 >>> 0.9
Editing this in since I forgot: Quinn also has some stuff coming from Xenogenic, and August has some stuff for Rengar, so that’s why they’re not mentioned here.
That’s it for now! This stuff should appear on PBE tomorrow. If you have questions, let me know!”
4) Here’s Riot Wittrock with a changelist for Rumble changes in today’s PBE:
“Here’s what should be on PBE today for Rumble, wanted to post it here since it likely won’t be fully scrape-able:
- The Equalizer (R)
- Tick Rate :: 0.5s >>> 0.25s
- Linger Duration :: 1s >>> 0s
- Slow :: 35% >>> 45%
- Total Damage (over 5s) :: 650 / 925 / 1200 (+150%AP) >>> 700 / 1050 / 1400 (+200%AP)”
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !