[This is a WORK IN PROGRESS POST.] [Status @ 2:30 PM PT: PBE back up. Working on balance changes & skin previews. Lots of work to do!]
Table of Contents
- New Champion Skins
- New Splashes
- New Ward Skin
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
New Champion Skins
Two new skins this cycle – the loot exclusive Dreadnova Darius and the 1820 tier God Fist Lee Sin!
Here’s KateyKhaos with a bugs & feedback thread for Dreadnova Darius:
“As a merciless general, Dreadnova Darius, will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Keep out of his way, or get dunked!
Dreadnova Darius is a Loot-exclusive skin * and includes:
- New model and texture – geared up in galactic warrior armor, complete with jet packs!
- New particles – Shiny digital tech! Oh, and we can’t forget the fire!
- New sound effects – *insert chainsaw sounds *
- New recall animation – Darius proves he won’t back down, in true Darius fashion, of course.
Dreadnova Darius is now available to play on the PBE! As players who experience this content firsthand, your constructive feedback is appreciated. Feel free to leave it in the comments below! If you have any questions, you can also drop them below and I’ll do my best to answer them! ^-^
*You’ll need 10 gemstones to craft the skin. Like Hextech Annie and Soulstealer Vayne, Dreadnova Darius can also drop as a skin shard.”
God Fist Lee Sin
Here’s Riot LoveStrut with a bugs & feedback thread for God Fist Lee Sin:
“”They dare to challenge a god. Let them try.”
On the cusp of godhood, God Fist Lee Sin seeks a challenge that will finally push him into ascension. His quest for a final battle has proven fruitless so far, but maybe Summoner’s Rift can provide him with a worthy opponent.
- All-new model and textures (God Fist Lee Sin’s training has honed his body and mind, showing through his muscular model, divine markings, and third eye headpiece.)
- All-new VFX (His attacks and abilities strike with transcendent power.)
- All-new VO and SFX (New voice lines and processing to match his powerful sound effects.)
- All-new animations (New varying auto-attacks, new Resonating Strikes that change at differing travel lengths, new ways to send enemies flying with your Dragon’s Rage. He’s learned many new moves through his training… including dance moves.)
- Ward-hopping to the God Fist Ward, while using God Fist Lee Sin, will also trigger a special ward animation
- Set to be Legendary – 1820 RP (Prices are subject to change.)
We always love hearing your feedback and feelings! All bug reports and thoughts help us make these skins even more awesome, so please keep ’em coming!
Thanks, cuties! <3″
Karma’s updated skin splash arts are here, including brand new splash art for Sun Goddess Karma, Sakura Karma, and Traditional Karma as well as tweaks for Order of the Lotus Karma.
Sun Goddess Karma
Order of the Lotus Karma also has minor changes to her splash to unify her face across all splashes.
Order of the Lotus Karma
New Ward Skin
To go with the new God Fist Lee Sin, we also have a new God Fist Ward skin:
God Fist Ward
- The Brolaf chroma assets seen in the 7.6 PBE cycle were removed in today’s update.
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Triumphant Roar (Passive) !
- Golden Aegis (W)
- Base shield changed from 50/80/110/140/170 to 65/90/115/140/165
- Shield scaling changed from [20/40/60/80/100 flat] to [2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of Jarvan’s total Max health.]
- [Break even point vs live at 18, no items/masteries/runes, and W rank 5 is around 400 HP]
- Nether Blade (W) [bug fix] “Fixed a bug which would allow W-empowered attacks to be cancelled during their windup against targets that had moved out of range after tha attack had started.” – src.
- Force Pulse (E) Cooldown lowered from six seconds to four seconds.
- Riftwalk (R) AP ratio increased from 20% to 30%
[Context / Changelist]
- Ice Shard (Q) AP ratio increased from 65% to 70%
- Frozen Tomb (R) [new effect] self cast now restores 15% of Lissandra’s missing mana.
- Final Spark (R) [new effect] If Final Spark kills an enemy champion, 30/40/50% of its cooldown is refunded.
- Noxian Diplomacy (Q) damage changed from 80/100/120/140/160 to 60/85/110/135/160
- Thunder Claws (R) number of chains increased from four to eight.
- ! ( ! ) !
Context & Notes
[WIP-atollah of context n rolla]
1) In his 3/20 Quick Gameplay Thoughts post, Meddler commented on several balance changes in testing for 7.7:
“More balance changes being tested
We’re about to start a new PBE cycle tomorrow, all going according to plan. Since my last post we’ve also started looking at a few more potential changes, which include:
- Alistar – buffs to passive and E (update last year made him healthier we think so should be able to put a bit more power into him)
- Camile – W no longer healing off non champions, W slow scaling by rank instead of a flat 80% ( targeting laning phase sustain and gank assist)
- J4 – buff testing shifting W from bonus shield per champ nearby to max health scaling (part of our pass on junglers that need a bit of help)
- Volibear – buff to R, with more bounces and improved bounce logic (another from the jungler pass)
2) Reav3 on who worked on Karma splashes:
“RiotOwlyCat (I might be spelling that wrong), 3rdCollosus, and HUGEnFAST.
All three were started by our outsourcing art team though and then finished up by the splash art team internally.”
3) ricklessabandon with changelists for some of the champions changed in to day’s PBE:
 “here are the kassadin changes in today’s pbe update:”
 “here are the lissandra changes in today’s pbe update:”
 “here are the lux changes in today’s pbe update:”
On the Lissandra R change, he also noted it would likely be cut and something else added in it’s place.