Table of Contents
Continued Midseason Testing
Friendly reminder that all sorts of midseason content is currently testing on the PBE – Rift Herald Changes, Maokai, Sejuani, and Zac update, new items, and much more! Look for continued polish, tweaks, and changes as the larger than usual cycle continues.
Read up on the latest by browsing our larger 7.9 cycle post or with these context links below:
- Midseason 2017 OVERVIEW
- Midseason Rift Herald Update from Riot Sotere
- Midseason Support Item Update – Live on PBE! from Limely and Riot Colin
- Midseason Update – Utility Contribution from Ququroon.
- Vision Score Details by Riot GMang
- Intro to Midseason 2017 – Maokai, Sejuani, Zac
Dark Star Orianna Tweaks
The upcoming Dark Star Orianna skin has received W and R tweaks in today’s update!
Dark Star Orianna‘s W now has designs inside the W area of effect:
We’ve been gathering feedback from you all, and so far we’ve put in some VFX changes to her W and R. They should be hitting PBE with the next deploy, so we’ll be looking for more feedback from you when that hits. :] We’re also currently looking into changes for the non-VFX stuff you’ve posted here as well.”
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
[Reminder: Maokai has a larger update currently testing on PBE. Changes are relative to PBE, not live.]
- Sap Magic (P):
- Several values adjusted:
- Cooldown now: 45/30/25/20 at 1/2/9/15
- Heal Flat now: 15/40/65/90/115/140/165 at 1/6/9/11/13/15/17
- Heal Ratio now: 6/7/8/9/10/11/12% at 1/6/9/11/13/15/17
- Twisted Advance (W) :
- [reverted back to live speed – src.]
- Cooldown changed from 16/15/14/13/12 to 13/12/11/10/9
- Sapling Toss (E):
- Cooldown lowered from 12 to 11
- Damage increased from 35/55/75/95/115 to 35/60/85/110/135
- Nature’s Grasp (R):
- Range increased by 500 – from 2000 to 2500
[Reminder: Sejuani has a larger update currently testing on PBE. Changes are relative to PBE, not live.]
- From Sejuani PBE Feedback thread –
- “W should be easier to hit, especially in jungle”
- “Casting E resets autoattack timer”
- Total cost lowered from 3600 to 3400.
- [tracker for damage redirected and healing received added to inventory tooltip.]
- [tracker for healing done and damage dealt added to inventory tooltip. ]
Ancient Coin line
- Ancient Coin – Favor gold lowered from 22 to 20
- Upgraded items – Favor gold lowered from 32 to 30
- Quest Complete/Emperor’s Favor gold lowered from 32 to 30
Context & Notes
(and that is the bottom line cuz stone context wip austin said so.)
1) Here’s Meddler with another edition of his quick gameplay thoughts for 4/20:
Mid-season work’s going through it’s final phases at the moment. We’ve got all the content on the PBE now from memory, though some of it still needs final balancing, bug fixing or asset polish still.
Speaking of ongoing polish there’s a lot currently going into the updated Rift Herald. As a heads up there’ll likely also be a bit of further polish that comes in 7.10 as well. We’ve got some finishing touches that probably won’t be ready for 7.9, so we’ll be looking to get those in quickly after as a result.
Unless anything significantly changes we’ll be doing a balance pass on Ivern in 7.10. As mentioned previously 7.9 won’t contain many individual champion balance changes, given both that the systemic changes will affect balance on most champs to some degree and that we’re still very focused on finishing mid-season itself. We are starting to line up likely projects for the following patch however.
Starting Items for Passive Support Playstyles
One of the concerns we’ve seen expressed since we revealed the changes to the Ancient Coin line is that it’s no longer a good option for a really passive playstyle. In terms of how you get rewards as a support that’s very much intended, we want reward to be tied to action with a meaningful difference between good and poor choices, something old Coin didn’t have. We certainly do want to ensure Coin feels like a good option on squishier ranged champs though, so will be tuning things like coin drop position and pick up radius to ensure trying to get them isn’t suicide for non tanky champs. We’ll also be watching champs like Soraka and Janna who often aren’t great fits with Spellthief’s to ensure they’re not just left without a good starting item.
Non Gameplay Impacting: Feeney Art for Rakan and Xayah
A while back we put up a dev blog talking about Feeney art (light hearted temporary loading screen art for champions in development). More about it at the link below. Now that they’re out we can also share the Feeney art for Rakan and Xayah for anyone interested, which was what we see loading into playtests for many months before the final splash art was done. As with the final splash art for duo the Feeney art was also made as one piece, then cut in half with that intent it would be shown side by side. That had the added little benefit of being a fun way to test that some code changes to ensure Xayah and Rakan were positioned appropriately on the loading screen worked as intended too.
W should be easier to hit, especially in the jungleCasting E resets autoattack timer
Things being looked at for hopefully 4/21
Early jungle clearW not feeling impactful enough”
“It was changed to be slower initially, but with high acceleration. A last second bug fix created another bug, breaking the acceleration.
Separate of all that, the entire speed change was something we were looking at as a possible cut if we felt he was now too unreliable. Which we do, so now speed is back to live.”