[This is a WORK IN PROGRESS POST.] [Status @ 4 PM PT: The PBE is back down for a second maintenance. Expected up time ~6 PM PT!]
The PBE has been updated! As we kick off the 7.11 PBE cycle, tonight’s update includes a new Chemtech Tryndamere skin, new summoner icons, and more!
Table of Contents
- New Champion Skin
- New Summoner Icons
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
New Champion Skin
Here’s Riot LoveStrut with a bugs & feedback thread for Chemtech Tryndamere:
“This’ll be a slaughter.”
Broken free from the Zaunite lab that’s been holding him, Chemtech Tryndamere takes to the Rift to test the strengths of his newfound improvements.
- All-new model and textures (Zaunite armor and tech surges the power of chemtech through him.)
- All-new VFX (CHEMTECH. CHICKEN.)
- All-new SFX (A harmonious blend of machine, steam, and chemicals.)
- All-new animations (Getting juiced back up before back into battle!)
- Set to be 975 RP (prices are subject to change.)
We always love hearing your feedback and feelings! All bug reports and thoughts help us make these skins even more awesome, so please keep ’em coming!
Thanks, cuties! <3″
New Summoner Icons
A handful of new summoner icons hit the PBE today, including two with mysterious matching designs.
CLN (LAN): Silver Crows
LCK: Ever8 Winners
CBLoL: ProGaming e-Sports, T Show
LPL: Dan Gaming
OPL: Team Regicide
TCL: Çilekler, P3P eSports
CLS (LAS): Born to Kill
CLS (LAN): Isurus Gaming
NA LCS: Team Liquid, Cloud9, FlyQuest
OPL: Tainted Minds, Sin Gaming
TCL: BAU SuperMassive
CBLoL: Pain Gaming
LPL: LGD Gaming
EU LCS: Misfits
- [Few more new mission related assets added]
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- [Doesn’t seem to be in today’s update, changes coming to PBE soon!]
- [Update not fully implemented and bugged as of first update. hold tight for update.]
- Stretching Strikes (Q) damage changed from 40/60/80/100/120 to 50/70/90/110/130
- Elastic Slingshot (E) damage lowered from 80/130/180/230/280 to 80/120/160/200/240
[note: several tooltip changes in air client but nothing in-game yet – game/air mismatch as of first update..]
- Plants – [likely changes to spawn rate & hp, will need to confirm when PBE back or when changes fully implemented]
- W – [passive no longer increases plant health, now increases spawn rate]
- R – [Increases plant health]
- No longer scales with 25% bonus armor.
- [new] Now inflicts Grievous Wounds on the attacker for 1.5 seconds
Context & Notes
IF YA SMEEEEELLLLLLOOOAAALLLLLLLUULLL…. WHAT THE WIP… IS CONTEXTIN’
1) Meddler is back this morning with his most recent edition of quick gameplay thoughts for May 16th, including several changes that will be hitting the PBE soon:
Quite a few words below today so let’s jump right in.
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
More 7.11 Balance Changes
Context on some balance changes in testing:
Looking at game health and roughly power neutral changes. Moving some power into Overheat AAs out of Q, reducing W duration slightly to reward specific timing more versus cycling for Heat. Testing out some improvements to auto attack feel as well (potentially animation improvements and/or a bit of extra range/movement speed while Overheating).
Changes in testing last patch cycle are back, both changes to Voidlings and putting some damage into the beam, not just pool, on the R. These felt close to there last patch, we ended up delaying them because of how late the beam change went in though and how little testing it consequently got.
Detailed write up of changes by Wav3Break can be found here:
TLDR is we’re looking to shift power to late game, improve overall satisfaction. Marks now grant bonus effects on abilities rather than damage on auto attacks (Q gives AS, W gets current health % damage from Wolf hits, E increases missing health damage). Every 4 marks Kindred also get increased AA range (currently 50 the first time, then 25 each set of four thereafter).
Headshot no longer stacks multiple times per attack with Hurricane. Caitlyn’s lacking in clear enough weaknesses and one she should have is lower single target DPS late game than most marksmen with similar builds. Hurricane’s currently making it so her teamfight single target damage is higher than we suspect it should be however, at the same time also constricting her build paths. Testing a change as a result.
- Ninja Tabi
Trying a test where we reduce the % reduction on auto attacks (down to probably 10% from 12%), but also make that reduction apply to on hit effects as well. One of the things making BotRK particularly effective at present is that its proc damage isn’t affected by the Tabi reduction.
Almost certainly needs a nerf. Direction not certain yet, two main ones being considered being higher Q mana cost (hit waveclear/pressure early) or shifting damage from W/R into E.
Zac VO Threshold
We’re adjusting Zac’s voice so it doesn’t start getting higher as he loses health until he’s below 30% health (rather than the current 60%). Its an effect we think should happen less frequently than it currently does (a ‘Zac is pretty low’ thing, not a ‘Zac’s somewhat hurt’ thing). That just missed the 7.10 patch cutoff, should be in for 7.11 though. If you’re on the PBE and playing around with it feedback much appreciated.
Unusual Playstyles Video
For anyone that hasn’t seen it we put out a video yesterday talking about our thoughts on unusual playstyles in LoL and how we should be supporting or adjusting them etc. Short version is we love seeing new things get discovered and played, believe whether not not someone’s trying to win is what matters and have sometimes had to adjust some builds/champs because while they were inventive they were really unhealthy for the game (lack of counterplay as with AP Trynd etc).
Thoughts on such playstyles and how we should approach them much appreciated. Feedback on my delivery in the video would also be really welcomed. Video’s not a format I’ve dealt with much yet, so thoughts on what could be better, what works, what doesn’t etc would be great if you’re so inclined. It’s not something I take to as naturally as some Rioters but it’s certainly something I’d like to improve at (really useful skill to grow).”
2) Wav3Break is looking for feedback on an upcoming set of Kindred changes:
We’re looking to make some Kindred changes in the near future and I wanted to get some feedback from you guys before we put the full list on PBE.
- Increase satisfaction on Kindred’s basic abilities
- Increase Kindred’s ability to kite and deal damage like a marksman, particularly in the late game
- We originally intended Kindred to be a champion that a team could rely on to bring a marksman-like carry to their late game without having to run one in a lane. Ultimately this has not panned out exactly as intended. Thus we are moving their
- kit a bit more towards this direction in an attempt to better fulfill this design intent.
- Current Kindred players are attached to their live play-style of snowballing and looking for smaller skirmishes to succeed. We don’t want to remove this pattern of play from them, but we are looking to exchange some power here to let them access longer range on their attacks and abilities.
- As a jungler, Kindred needs to be a threat in the early game or they will always fail to provide a baseline amount of pressure for their team to have a fair shot at winning. With this in mind, we are aiming to keep their early game power relatively similar/slightly stronger in exchange for a weaker mid game but stronger late game.
Current Change List:
Q – Dance of Arrows
- No longer gains base damage per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- Now grants Kindred 10/15/20/25/30% attack speed for 4 seconds on cast, increased by 5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD Ratio :: Changed from 0.2 Total AD ratio >>> 0.75 Bonus AD Ratio
- Base Vault Speed :: increased from 400 >>> 500
W – Wolf’s Frenzy
- Can now send Wolf to a position within 500 units of Lamb before creating the hunting territory. Wolf can go over walls.
- Wolf now deals magic damage instead of physical damage
- Wolf now deals an additional 1.5% of the target’s current health per attack as base damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD Ratio :: 0.4 Total AD ratio >>> 0.2 Bonus AD Ratio
E – Mounting Dread
- Damage Type of Wolf’s Attack :: Changed from physical >>> magic
- Base damage :: Reduced from 40/75/110/145/180 >>> 40/60/80/100/120
- Missile Speed of Wolf’s attack :: Increased from 1600 >>> 2000
- AD Ratio :: 0.2 Total AD ratio >>> 0.8 Bonus AD Ratio
- % Health Damage :: Changed from 5% max health damage >>> 8% Missing Health damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- Jaws of Death :: Wolf’s attack critically strikes targets below 15% health for 50% more damage. Critical Strike chance increases the % health threshold for this critical strike to occur by 0.5% per 1% crit chance.
Passive – Mark of The Kindred
- No longer grants Lamb bonus % current health damage on her basic attacks
- Now amplifies all of Kindred’s basic abilities per stack as outlined above
- Every 4 marks increases Kindred’s basic attack, Dance of Arrows and Mounting Dread’s cast range. The first 4 marks increase their ranges by 75, while every 4 marks after increase their ranges by 25.
Everything listed is subject to change from your feedback and testing so candid feedback is most appreciated!”
3) Riot Sotere with changelist and context for Rek’Sai Changes for 7.11:
“Hey Party People,
In a few brief hours Rek’Sai’s update will be on PBE. The aim of the update is to bring Rek’Sai back to her roots. Rek’Sai has a great fantasy, but we don’t think her gameplay has been fulfilling that promise to players for some time. Rek’Sai should be a void predator that enemies fear at all points throughout the game. When she’s nearby, she should be a distinct and individual threat.
Rek’Sai has been a slow burn passion project for our team for awhile, and we had a few set goals in mind that defined our changes:
- Make Rek’Sai more of a Diver, with individual threat against the opposition’s carries
- Tone down elements of her kit that let her excel in professional play and leave her underwhelming in normal play
- Give her higher moments of success
- Ensure that her melee pattern has more distinct success and failure cases
- Allow Rek’Sai to dance in and out of fights, relying on her tunnels and regeneration to survive, not baseline tankiness
We’re holding off on revealing the full changelist, as it’ll be uncovered over the next couple of days. Much of the tuning is still in flux, but the bigger directional changes will likely remain consistent.
- Fury of the Xer’Sai (P) :: Fury now generates more quickly, but regeneration per point of Fury is down. Overall regeneration should be quite a bit higher if she has access to enemies.
- Queen’s Wrath and Prey Seeker :: Rek’Sai’s primary damage abilities now scale significantly better with bonus AD. However, Queen’s Wrath will do less base damage. Rek’Sai is a land shark who mercilessly hunts her prey, and we want her damage output – and itemization – to represent that fantasy.
- Burrow / Un-burrow :: Now only knocks up one enemy target at a time.
- Tunnel :: Cooldowns scale down better over game time. Specifically, we want to significantly increase Rek’Sai’s ability to re-enter tunnels, giving Rek’Sai better options for escaping the same way she entered – or re-joining a fight after she’s left.
- Void Rush :: Her ultimate is all brand new. It no longer allows her to travel cross-map to an existing tunnel. Instead she leaps at enemy champions she’s recently done damage to, dealing decent base damage with an execute mechanic.
Conclusion and Caveat:
As with all our projects, Rek’Sai will be subject to tuning and followup changes. Moreso than most, she’ll hit PBE without fully completed art/sound/mechanics. We’ll be brushing those up over the PBE period. Feedback on them is appreciated but we are already well aware have more work to do.
I’ll be checking back in here over the next couple of hours to answer more specifics for those curious. We’re all excited for you guys to get to try out Rek’Sai on PBE and soon, on Live!”
4) RiotAxes with context on the Thornmail changes:
“That wasn’t intended to go to PBE 🙁
I was spiking out a concept for an item that you can buy to ensure you aren’t just a lifesteal battery for enemy carries; Grievous Wounds was the easiest quick-and-dirty implementation that would give good learnings.
Still interested in some version of this direction. This precise list isn’t going to work for a couple of reasons, so no promises. “