The PBE has been updated! As we kick off the 7.10 PBE cycle, tonight’s update includes Pulsefire Caitlyn, updates to Pulsefire Ezreal, new ward skin and summoner icons, new chroma, and more!
Table of Contents
- New Champion Skin
- New Summoner icons
- New Ward Skin
- New Chroma Skin
- Pulsefire Ezreal Update
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
New Champion Skin
Following social media teasers, the new Pulsefire Caitlyn is now on the PBE for testing!
[In-game previews when server comes up!]
New Summoner icons
New Ward Skin
To go along with the new skin and updates, we also have a Pulsefire Ward skin!
New Chroma Skin
Two new chroma in today’s update, including a set of four for Headhunter Rengar return of the Brolaf chroma that we saw assets for in the 7.6 PBE cycle:
Pulsefire Ezreal Update
(seeing lots of file changes – hold tight! VO, textures, and more changed)
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Base movespeed lowered from 330 to 325
- ! ( ! ) !
- ! ( ! ) !
- ! ( ! ) !
- ! ( ! ) !
Context & Notes
Hey wip what is your context? – IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR CONTEXT IS!
1) Fizz Enthusiast with Heimerdinger Changes for 7.10 (Request for Comment):
- Make Heimer less oppressive against melee, which gives us room to buff him (specifically, reducing the amount of punishment melee champs take when being ambiently in range of turrets and tagged by the “pheromone” mechanic [Heimer’s attacks and spells tag champions, which cause turrets to automatically target them]).
- Increase Heimer’s viability in midlane.
- Buff underperforming R options, so that RQ is not always correct.
- Heimer has historically been a tough champion to just buff in isolation because of his tendency to ambiently destroy melee matchups.
- When he is strong, usually results in non-interactive lanes by pushing them in constantly.
- Attempting to absorb the general counterplay of “dodge spells” into the turret gameplay and subsequently be able to make them stronger.
- We know that Heimer players enjoy playing him for the turrets and so, we are trying to find a way to make the turrets have better gameplay without isolating Heimerdinger players.
- Heimer is generally more performant the lower MMR you go (or worse the higher you go), meaning that when Heimer is “viable” in higher MMR’s, he will usually be absolutely destroying lower MMR.
- In this sense, it is desirable to inject some skill into his kit to allow him to be more viable in higher MMR without breaking lower MMR.
- HP Regen: 2.2 (+0.35) >>> 1.4 (+0.11)
- With new passive, doesn’t need abnormally high HP regen.
Passive: Hextech Affinity (P)
- Moves 20% faster around turrets (SR turrets and his own turrets) – 300 range.
- Gives him a reason to play and maneuver around turrets apart from damage.
- Base Damage: 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36 (+0.15) >>> 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 (+0.3)
- This is a large nerf and significantly hampers early game ambient turret damage in laning phase, but builds back up in mid game
- Cooldown: 24 – 20 >>> 20
- Turrets can hold: 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 >>> 3
- Beam attack time to charge: 16 >>> 50
- Greater emphasis on landing spells to have your turrets perform (in laning phase), rather than autonomously destroying people
- Mana bar (for beam attack) changed from blue to white (instead of having a blue bar on top of another blue bar).
- Mana Cost: 70 – 110 >>> 50 – 90
- Cooldown: 11 >>> 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
- Each rocket hit on champions charges 20% of each nearby turret’s beam attack.
- Grenade hitbox: 210 >>> 250 (stun hitbox stays the same)
- Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 >>> 12
- Make it less punishing to fish for E’s in lane
- A successful E hit on a champion charges all nearby turrets to full beam charge.
General thoughts on R Spells
Big Turret (RQ)
- Given that RQ doesn’t consume a cooldown, this is likely to be used in a lot of cases. Didn’t feel impetus to change it (was exploring some iterations where it was used as a sieging tool (attacks slowly, but has high range and low in-combat value to nuke down turrets).
Big Rockets (RW)
- Still feel like this spell is usable on follow up CC and sometimes off a grenade stun hit, but didn’t feel comfortable increasing its damage.
Big Grenade (RE)
- Base Damage: 150 / 200 / 250 >>> 150 / 250 / 350
- AP Ratio: 60% >>> 90%
** RE on live is usable, but given that it consumes your E cooldown, it COULD be more powerful.
Would say candid feedback is most helpful. Want to see which things people like/don’t like.
2) Meddler mentioned potential Rammus and Malzahar changes for 7.10 in his quick gameplay thoughts for April 28
3) Meddler with Quick Gameplay Thoughts, May 2
Mid-season goes out tonight/tomorrow barring any last minute unexpected problems! Really looking forward to seeing how you folks find it and how it changes our perception of what needs work in 7.10 and beyond.
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
More 7.10 changes
7.10 should be hitting the PBE today, and with it some in development work. Since we’ve had to start development on that before mid-season was live it’s more likely than usual that we may need to change direction a bit on some of this stuff. Changes include:
- Ivern: Lowered movement speed, higher health and mana cost per camp taken. Dude’s just straight too strong
- Rakan: Shifting some power from his E (lower shield strength) to his Q (100 more range) and probably W (bit more damage at present). Looking to ensure his play’s not too dominated by just ally shielding. Probably power neutral overall.
- Rumble: Shifting some damage from Q to Overheat auto attacks, with the goal of making his laning a bit more interactive (Overheat autos require him to draw minion agro). Also aiming for power neutral, but with better game health.
PSA on Rift Herald
One thing I’d suggest watching out for with the new Rift Herald that goes out tomorrow is that the channel to summon it is interruptible. Hadn’t thought about that myself much until yesterday when during a playtest I tried summoning it just as a teamfight was starting to break out for a bit of extra pressure and someone promptly CC’d me, stopping the channel which also consumes the item. Recommend learning from my mistake on that one and either hanging back a bit when summoning or taking advantage of opponents trying to do so too far fowards.
Mid Season Spotlight
I’d imagine most of you have already seen it, for those that haven’t a Mid Season spotlight went out yesterday though. Worth a look, and also at the end includes a brief glance (super brief) at one of the screens from the 5 ban system for ranked/draft that’s being worked on right now.
7.8 contained some adjustments to ARAM. We’ve been analyzing how those have gone and will probably be doing a bit of further followup work, hopefully in 7.10. Details to follow.”