[UPDATE: Second 5/22 PBE patch out to fix the mismatch! Look at balance changes for more.]
The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 7.11 PBE cycle, tonight’s update includes the new 10 ban system up for testing and other tentative changes.
Table of Contents
- 10 Bans Now Enabled on PBE.
- Skin Purchase in Champ Select up for testing on PBE
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
10 Bans Now Enabled on PBE.
[UPDATE: 10 bans are enabled for testing!]
The upcoming 10 Bans system is now on the PBE for testing for planned launch in 7.11. Remember that in this new system all players ban simultaneously.
Here’s Sapmagic with a PBE thread on 10 bans for PBE testing!
“Hey guys! I hope you’ve had a chance to check out our new 10 bans feature on PBE. Check out the post for a quick recap of how it works! We want to test the feature for stability before it goes live in NA and then all regions shortly after. You can help us make sure everything’s working as intended by queueing up and playing a few games on Summoner’s Rift.
There are just a few things to note:
- We’re still polishing up the feature, so there may be some missing sounds or rough visuals
- We may still adjust phase timers (e.g., ban phase duration) as we look at feedback
- It is intended that both teams can ban the same champ – we think this preserves agency (e.g., I don’t want to play against Amumu) without adding a lot of additional complexity or time to champ select
- If you choose anything during ban phase, you shouldn’t dodge, even if you don’t lock it in or it’s banned by someone else
We’d love your feedback on any issues you find while you’re testing out the feature, and we’ll see you on the Rift!”
See [this recent article] for more information on 10 bans.
Skin Purchase in Champ Select up for testing on PBE
Skins can now once again be purchased in champion select in the updated client!
Here’s Riot Pabro with more info from the PBE boards:
“Hello Fam! We have been working on getting Skin Purchasing in Champ Select up and running again. We are pleased to bring it to PBE for testing before a launch in the next few patches. We are working out some kinks, so please have at it!
- No sound on purchase icon click.
- 0 RP/ 0 IP products still produce a purchase modal on click (there shouldn’t be any of these on PBE, but you never know).
- No celebration after purchase.
- Purchasing is not locked a short time prior to game start.”
- LCU’s “FIND MATCH” buttons shape changed ~ [Comparison]
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Fox-Fire (W) AP ratio lowered from 40% to 30%
- Charm (E) AP ratio increased from 50% to 60%
- Spirit Rush (R) AP ratio lowered from 30% to 25%
- Attack Speed
- Base attack speed lowered from 0.568 to 0.521 – pic.
- [Attack Delay changed from 0.1 to 0.2]
- [Passive attack speed bonus increased from 10% to [20%?]
- Headshot (P) ~ “Headshot no longer stacks multiple times per attack with Hurricane.” –src.
- Attack growth increased from 1.7 to 2.26 **
- Piercing Light (Q) mana cost changed to 50/60/70/80/90.
- [VS LIVE: Increased from 50/55/60/65/70 to 50/60/70/80/90]
- [VS 5/19 PBE: Changed from 60/70/80/90/100** to 50/60/70/80/90]
- Call of the Void (Q)
- Cast time lowered from .5 sec to .25 sec
- [New] Post cast delay now .4 sec
- AP ratio increased from 70% to 80%
- Void Swarm (W) [Reworked]
- Cost: 40/45/50/55/60
- Cooldown: 8 sec
- Cast Range: 150
- Passive: Casting Malzahar’s other spells gives him a stack of W (max 2)
- Active: Summons a Voidling, plus additional Voidlings based on W stacks. Voidlings Basic Attacks deal magic damage, increased by 12/14/16/18/20 (+40% bonus AD)(+20% AP)
- Health increased from 3 to [65+8 per level]
- 201 at lvl 18
- Attack Damage changed from [30/35/40/45/50 (+40% bonus AD) based on W rank] to [5 + 3.5 per level]
- 64.5 at lvl 18
- Attack Speed changed from [.665 + 0% per level] to [0.665 +2% per level]
- 0.891 at lvl 18
- Armor changed from 30 to [16 + 2 per level]
- 50 at lvl 18
- Magic Resist changed from 50 to [8 + 1 per level]
- 25 at lvl 18
- Gold value lowered from 5 to 2
- Movement Speed lowered from 451 to 400
- Duration lowered from 12 to 8/8/9/9/10
- [New] Tower and Champion Basic Attacks will kill Voidlings regardless of health, but otherwise incoming combat damage goes through standard Armor or Magic Resist calculations
- [Removed] No longer gains 100% movement speed when running toward priority targets
- [Removed] Movement speed is no longer affected by distance from Malzahar
- Malefic Visions (E) AP ratio increased from 70% to 80%
- Nether Grasp (R)
- Null zone damage changed from [25/35/45% (+7.5% per 100 AP)] to [10/15/20% (+2.5% per 100 AP)]
- [New] Beam now causes damage: 125/250/375 (+115% AP)
- Sweeping Blade (E) – previous nerf reverted – from 1/0.75/0.5/0.25/0 back to 0.5/0.4/0.3/0.2/0.1 cd **
[Note: This nerf was pushed to live on 5/22]
- Stretching Strikes (Q) damage lowered from 40/60/80/100/120 to 30/40/50/60/70
- [All Previous Unique Passive changes reverted – effect back to 8% for all] **
- Lifesteal lowered from 15% to 12% **
- Previous changes reverted – back to live functionality. Changes may return in future cycle. **
Context & Notes
the most electrifying wip in context entertainment.
1) Ricklessabandon tweeted a changelist for Malzahar’s PBE changes – they are now on PBE for testing!
“okay, the next pbe update (should be tomorrow) will have the full set of malzahar changes that will ship in the 7.11 patch”
2) As a reminder, the PBE server status page has this message about extended maintenance on Tuesday May 23rd.
PBE will undergo extended maintenance on Tuesday, May 23rd from 10:30AM PST to 6:00PM PST. Please also note that as part of maintenance preparations, any changes to account data between the May 22nd and 23rd maintenances will not be recorded. We recommend that players refrain from making major changes during this timeframe (For example: if you add a Rune to one of your Rune Pages on May 22nd after maintenance, that change will be reverted back on May 23rd.). Thank you for your patience.
4) ricklessabandon on several recent changes still not showing on PBE / build problems from earlier today. These were corrected in the second 5/22 PBE deploy.
 “er, yeah… just found out that the build wasn’t 100% passing, so content didn’t update again. unsure if we’ll try again before tomorrow”