The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 7.10 PBE cycle, tonight’s update includes assets for ping mutes, an item tab added to the LCU, tentative balance changes, and more!
Table of Contents
New Mute Options – Pings and Full
While not enabled for testing yet, assets for new Ping Mute options popped up in today’s update!
Here’s Riot NaKyle with a boards thread on the upcoming ping muting options in testing:
Earlier today we shipped some code for ping muting to PBE. We’ll be turning it on for testing on PBE in the next few days, and hope to have it live around the world within just a couple patches. This is a new button we’re adding to the tab menu. It’ll axe standard, smart, and HUD pings from the player you ping mute.
The mute button that’s already in the game is not moving or changing at all. It mutes chat, and extracurricular animations and emotes. The idea is to give everyone granular mute controls.
“Standard, smart, and HUD pings will be axed by this button. It’s a new button that’ll live right beside the chat mute button that’s already in the game :)Standard, smart, and HUD pings will be axed by this button. It’s a new button that’ll live right beside the chat mute button that’s already in the game :)”
A muteping command has been added to mute player pings:
Ignores or unignores a specified player’s or champion’s gameplay-related pings.
/muteping [player] – Blocks player’s gameplay related pings for this game. Also see /pingmute
HUD assets were also updated to include new markers.
“Ignore all a player’s pings and chat.”
“/fullmute [player] – Blocks all player’s gameplay related pings and chat for this game. Also see /mutefull”
- A new “items” tab has been added to the LCU collection page, presumably relating to the return of Item Sets. Last heard item sets would return to client in 7.10)
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Health lowered from 552.76 to 525
- Help, Pix! (E) shield strength lowered from 80/120/160/200/240 to 70/105/140/175/210
- [These are animation and cancelling focused, see thread for more info. All listed changes except for “Change 2: Emotes no longer cancels animations” are now on PBE as of today’s update!]
- [New] Grants Melee champions +10 MR
- Cannon minions now alternate between Red and Blue Side (No canns on first wave)
- Inhibitor respawn rate lowered from 300 seconds to 250 seconds
- “This will maintain the 10 waves per inhib kill”
- Gold “Coin” flow rate increased form 3 to 5
- Ambient gold increased from 5/5 to 5.5/5
- Base damage increased from 25-100 to 40-115
- Base Armor decreased from 100 (+50% DR) to 60 (+37.75 DR)
- Base Magic resistance increased from -30 (-23% DR) to 10 (+9% DR)
- [New] OOC movespeed aura is disabled on champions after the Super Minion enters combat
- Rod of Ages, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel’s Staff, and Manamune
- have been replaces with their quick charging counterparts
- Guardian’s Hammer
- AD increased from 15 to 20
- Guardians’s Horn
- Health increased from 150 to 200
- Guardian’s Orb
- Health increased from 150 to 200
Context & Notes
Contextimania is running wild on WIP brother.
1) ManWolfAxeBoss on ARAM changes in today’s update:
2) Riot Exgeniar with details on upcoming 7.10 Riven changes, -“.
“7.10 Riven – More Deterministic, Less Random
Calling die hard Riven mains everywhere,
Coming soon to the PBE for testing is a set of changes to Riven slated for 7.10. These sets of changes are meant to embrace her animation cancelling, and make them more consistent, and at the same time let’s us do some house cleaning on her. Since Riven’s scripts are more on the intricate side, we are looking for feedback about these changes.
Before the hurling of pitchforks, please note. Excluding emote inputs, we are NOT removing any combos, and are more so embracing the animation cancelling aspect of Riven. If there are any removed combos, please let us know!
Change 1: Q Animation Canceling more consistent in 5/3
Juicy technical details on Riven’s Q animation cancelling:
Q has a min lockout time of 0.4 seconds. If Riven is moving (before or after pressing Q), her animation is unlocked after an arbitrary delay based on server tick rate (0 – .25s). This timing is pretty much random. So your ability to animation cancel is more determined by your latency and luck.
We are trying to make this no longer random, but deterministic – If you cancel your animation via moving, it will reliably cancel your animation.
Change 2: Emotes no longer cancels animations NOT FULLY IN 5/3
And are locked out during Q W and E.
- With the changes above, we don’t need this anymore. No more hiding and breaking of spell animations.
Change 3: Q spell buffering internal cleanup
(Buffering and targeting better calculates the location of a target in the case of high latency)
- Cleaning up old scripts so that the 0.4 cast time of the Q is more exactly 0.4 seconds every time.
- The targeting change might not be noticeable, but the visual indicator of a targeted cast will guarantee a targeted cast of Q.
Change 4: E can be buffered during Q in 5/2
- If you press QE really fast, your E didn’t queue up previously. Now it does. No more dropped commands. Sorry, it wasn’t lag’s fault…
Change 5: P, Q and R buff icons now appear in their spell slots
- House cleaning.”