The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 7.12 PBE cycle, tonight’s PBE update includes an update to Face of the Mountain’s vfx, two new summoner icons, and more tentative balance changes!
Table of Contents
New Summoner Icons
Face of the Mountain VFX Update
Updated VFX for Face of the Mountain and family of items in tonight’s update!
Updated vfx on the orbs on Unique Passive- Spoils of War.
- Just as with SR, a Riven/Yasuo versus variation of the Hunt of the Blood Moon loading screen has been added – Hunt of the Blood Moon should be in RGMQ at same time as Legendary Versus event.
* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn’t make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Armor change reverted– back to live value of 20 from 22.
- Base attack changed to 57.
- [VS LIVE: From 54 to 57]
- [VS PBE: From 57.5 to 57]
- Dance of Arrows (Q) ratio up from 65% to 75%
- Wolf’s Frenzy (W):
- Wolf Dash speed increased from 1200 to 1400.
- “Wolf’s Frenzy zone duration slightly increased when using long range cast to compensate for Wolf’s travel time”
- Mounting Dread (E) mana cost lowered from 70 to 50 at all ranks.
- Battle Dance (E) cooldown change reverted. Cooldown back to live value of 20/18/16/14/12 from 16/15/14/13/12
- Base Attack Damage increased from 55.628 to 57.5
- Armor growth increased from 3.4 to 3.75
- Void Rush (R) “R reliability improvements (should be much harder to avoid the damage).”
- Deadly Plumage (W) cooldown changed to 20/19/18/17/16.
- [VS LIVE: From 16/15/14/13/12 to 20/19/18/17/16]
- [VS PBE: From 20 at all ranks to 20/19/18/17/16]
[context on revert– likely returning.]
- Previous PBE Changes reverted. Back to live build and stats.
Context & Notes
too sweet me. wip.
1) Meddler’s quick gameplay thoughts for 6/6, including mention of several changes in development:
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
We’ve been talking about a small ish Azir update for a long time. We think he’s a really cool champ, but he’s been very hard to keep balanced due to a lack of sufficient weaknesses in his kit. We’ve recently started exploring possible approaches in game on him, with best guess being an update around the scale of Rek’Sai’s recent one. That’ll likely involve reducing his mobility, range or burst and then adding power in somewhere else. It’ll also likely be at least a few months off, so possible other small updates come out first. Mentioning it nonetheless since it’s one we’ve talked about in the past as needed but haven’t been able to offer anything more concrete previously than ‘someday’
Tournament Draft available in custom games
For anyone interested we recently (last week I think?) made it so you can select the LCS style pick/ban in custom games. Thinking there was that that would be useful for people wanting to run their own tournaments using it, teams who want to scrim using it etc. Mentioning it here since while it’s already out we didn’t say much about it at the time so I figure there are probably a few people who’d like to know about it and missed it.
Looking at the 7.11 changes now that they’ve been out for nearly a week there are a few things we’ll probably followup on in 7.12. These are guaranteed changes yet, since we’re still watching how players adapt
Kindred – Are probably too weak. We’re testing buffs to base AD (54 -> 57), Q ratio (0.65 -> 0.75), W wolf speed (1200 -> 1400), a slightly increased W duration and a cheaper cost on E (70 -> 50).
Rek’Sai – Also looking weak. Testing base AD buff (55.6 -> 57.5), Armor per level (3.4 -> 3.75), unborrow AD ratio (0.4 -> 0.8), R reliability improvements (should be much harder to avoid the damage).
Malz – Directionally is looking better (healthier playstyle). Not certain, but suspect he may now be too strong in solo lanes. Talking today about whether to do anything for 7.12 or wait and consider again for 7.13. Would involve trimming a bit of power (probably added a bit too much, so toning that back a bit).
We’ve been testing a reduced CD on Rakan’s E based off the belief that he’s underperforming a bit at present. We noticed a bug with his passive this week however where it wasn’t getting benefit from Healing/Shielding increasing effects. We’re removing the E buff, at least for now, until we’ve seen what impact that bugfix, since we weren’t looking to add a major amount of power to Rakan.
More new runes
We’ll probably talk about a few more new runes early next week. Let us know if there are particular sorts of effects you’re interested in hearing about. Can’t make any promises those will necessarily be the ones far enough along to talk about, will see what we can do though.”
2) phroxz0n with comments on the tentative Rumble changes in testing on PBE:
“Just wanted to give quick thoughts on Rumble (apologies if I don’t hang around in this thread too much – might reply a bit tmrw if I have time).
- Heat changes – heat decays in a pretty hard to understand manner. We’ve seen our newer rumble players (still Dia plus) have a lot more success playing him with this heat system. While you are less spammy late game, there is also a 0.1 ratio buff to give a little compensation for it. Though honestly, this is part of the skilltest with the champ. Also we are OK with him being a bit worse late game given how hard he spikes in early mid. With regards to the heat decay, given the way the heat system is implemented on live (4s on q, 3 on W and E), the Teemo scenario that was cited would have still been 4 seconds of heat decay on live. I am just standardizing it for all of his abilities. (on live, if you ever use q, it will be 4 seconds before heat decay when it starts decay). Essentially there is little difference between this version and live, so I would say most posts about it are probably overreacting or don’t understand rumbles heat system on live.
- Windows of vulnerability We want to present windows for enemies to trade and engage on rumble. With Q at 6 seconds and not drawing minion aggro, while simultaneously clearing the wave out, it leads to some pretty stagnant lanes where opponent is at minion disadvantage and can’t find windows to pick fights.
Initial changelist tried doubling overheat auto damage, but that didn’t work so well, because overheat is presented as vulnerability, so enemies would engage but he would either beat them to death or just get his cooldowns back at the end and punish for aggressing on him.
In the end we opted for higher damage, lower frequency abilities (after level 1). The changes to make heat more understandable and predictable unfortunately remove the ability to DZ at lv 1 if starting Q, but I think it’s worth it.
- Jungle Jungle clear seems fine. I can do it with no leash at standard speed.”
3) Ricklessabandon on the Abyssal Mark revert
“wanted to wait a patch — got started on it a bit too late in the cycle”
- 5/31 PBE Update: Dawnbringer Riven, Nightbringer Yasuo, Honor Update, new ward skins & summoner icons, & more!
- 6/1 PBE Update: Legendary Versus missions, crafting, & loot, Blood Moon returns for PBE testing, and more!
- 6/2 PBE Update: Skin tweaks, Esports icons, & more!
- 6/5 PBE Update: Dawnbringer Riven and Nightbringer Yasuo splash art & special loading screens