Table of Contents
- Skin Tweaks
- Splash Tweaks
- Balance Changes
- Context & Notes
Soaring Sword Fiora has some skin tweaks on the PBE today, to go along with her splash tweaks! Here’s Riot Stellari with a summary of what was changed:
“We made minor adjustments to hair color and cape transparency to bring the model closer to icon and splash, and made adjustments to splash to bring it closer to model ;)”
The splash art for Soaring Sword Fiora, Sacred Sword Janna, and Eternal Sword Yi were each tweaked due to feedback:
Soaring Sword Fiora
Sacred Sword Janna
Eternal Sword Yi
- Base mana increased from 300 to 340
- [Missed in 9/21 update!]
Context & Notes
1) Here’s Meddler’s quick gameplay thoughts for 9/22, including thoughts on summoner spell levels, Urgot, balance in 7.20, and more:
These posts will often contain talk about future work we’re doing, or planning to do, that isn’t yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get put delayed or even stopped.
If you’d like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
Adjusting Summoner Spell Levels Slightly
With the changes to leveling coming in pre-season we’ll be adjusting which levels players get summoner spells at slightly to distribute different things that unlock (summoner spells, new game modes, ability to customize runes etc) a bit better. We’ll also be shifting a couple of spells so that they’re introduced to the player at more appropriate times as well. That’ll overall look like Cleanse at level 9 instead of 6 once players are a bit better placed to assess its value, Flash at level 7 instead of 8, Snowball at level 6 instead of 1 etc.
We’re not making all Summoner spells available at level 1 however because we’ve seen that be a worse experience for new players, given they’re focused on learning the basics of the game and Summoner spell usage, let alone Summoner spell choice, isn’t very important at that point. Ghost and Heal are offered because they’re the two with the easiest targeting (just push the button) and for a lot of new players that’s a really meaningful thing. Leaving some spells, Flash and Smite especially, till later levels does tend to frustrate players making additional accounts somewhat, that’s a trade off we think’s appropriate though, especially given we’re not looking to encourage smurfing more.
Urgot W and damage reflection
In 7.20 we’re planning to make a change where Urgot’s W treats damage reflection as an on hit as well. That means that, in addition to reducing Urgot’s on hits on other to 1/3, his W will also reduce damage reflection he takes to 1/3. That means Bramble Vest, Thornmail, Rammus W and any other possible damage reflect sources won’t excessively murder him after he pushes that button.
Balance stuff we’ll be looking at in 7.20
A lot of our focus, even for the folks normally putting a lot of time into patch to patch balance, is on pre-season at this point. There’ll still be some balance changes in 7.20 though. Thoughts on what’s likely:
- Ongoing work that didn’t make it into 7.19 – Sterak’s buff, Brand buff targeted at mana restoration for CSing Brands, probably an Ornn buff (might still make it into 7.19 though).
- Monitoring of bigger 7.19 changes – Janna, Azir, Xin Zhao, Vayne and Caitlyn all have some likelihood of needing some follow up work
- New changes planned – Buffs likely to Graves, Karma
- Investigating, but might still leave unchanged – Do we need to nerf Twitch before pre-season hits and upheaves the state of balance for a bit anyway?
Streaming some runes stuff on Monday
We’ll be doing a stream where we talk about some runes stuff this coming Monday, looking at both some previously announced ones and some new ones. We’ll be using a pre-recorded recent game from one of our internal playtests for that, so while this won’t be live streaming of a game it should be a pretty good look for anyone interested at how Runes behave during normal LoL play. Recommend giving it a look if you’re interested in seeing some of the system in action before it’s on PBE.”
- 9/12 PBE Update: New skins for Fiora, Yi, Janna, Singed, Yorick, new ward skin, and more!
- 9/13 PBE Update: New Chroma and More Tentative Balance Changes
- 9/14 PBE Update: Eternal Sword Yi Chroma, New Summoner Icon, and More Tentative Balance Changes
- 9/15 PBE Update: New Summoner Icons, Skin and Chroma Tweaks, and more Tentative Balance Changes
- 9/18 PBE Update: Beekeeper Singed Splash Art and Summoner Icon and More Tentative Balance Changes
- 9/19 PBE Update: New Splash Art and More Tentative Balance Changes
- 9/21 PBE Update: More Tentative Balance Changes