Is Bob Costas commentating a rave right now?
1. I AM SO HYPED AND HOPE THIS ISN'T A DISASTER.
2. People keep talking about how the budget for the opening ceremony was slashed and how they have to do a lot with very little and now I'm honestly rooting so hard for this to be great.
3. All these aerial shots are gorgeous.
4. So many shiny silver suits. It's like we're in an early-'00s Puff Daddy video.
5. I didn't know Brazil's national anthem was so jaunty.
6. What if Paulinho da Viola just broke out into “Wonderwall” right now?
David Rogers / Getty Images
7. Should they be bringing up microbes considering the water quality?
8. Should they be bringing up insects considering the the Zika stuff?
9. New career goal: large mechanical centipede puppeteer.
10. Honestly, considering the budget cuts, trying to do a performance about the history of Brazil starting with THE BIRTH OF ALL LIFE ON EARTH is pretty ambitious.
11. So when does Queen Elizabeth parachute in?
12. The floor pattern reminds me of the upside-down in Stranger Things, but like, mixed with Monster energy drink.
Lars Baron / Getty Images