WHAT A RIDE.
If you haven’t read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child, you should stop right now because this post is riddled with spoilers.
1. My goodness, I can't believe I have a brand new Harry Potter book in my hands.
2. OK, sure, it's not a new novel, it's a script.
3. Whatever, it's a continuation of Harry's story and I AM SO PUMPED ABOUT IT.
4. OK, let me calm down and actually start reading.
5. Aww, it picks up right where the epilogue of Deathly Hallows ends!
6. To be honest, Dumbledore was great and all, but I cannot believe Harry named his son after him.
7. This feels so weird, yet kind of exciting hearing Harry, Ron, and Hermione talk about their children.
8. I feel like I'm catching up with old friends!
9. I really hope Albus meets friends on the Hogwarts Express like Harry did, because I will lose it.
10. Rose is so much like Hermione it's actually scary.
11. I also didn't expect Scorpius Malfoy to be so…charming, especially considering his family line.
12. Ah, back at Hogwarts, just in time for the Sorting Ceremony.
13. I honestly think the Sorting Hat's songs have gotten worse over the years.
14. HOW. COULD. HARRY. POTTER'S. SON. BE. SORTED. INTO. SLYTHERIN?!
15. I'm not sure I like this story anymore.
16. Oh wow, the time is moving VERY fast. We're in Year 3 already?! K.